header photo

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Z axis almost done!

I have not posted in a while, but I have been making progress! The lead screws fit the skate board bearings nicely so I decided to cut two ends with pockets for the skateboard bearings.




I had to play with the tolerances to get a nice press fit of the bearing into the ends. The ends turned out really nice!



Now I just need to attach the lead screw nut to the carriage, figure out how to attach the stepper motor, and create mounts to hold the tool.

For the tool, I am thinking about upgrading my Dremel to the Craftsman professional palm router so that I can use 1/4" end-mills and have more power!

3 comments:

  1. Hi. Thanks for your blog-- I'm doing a CNC design based on it-- details are at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QfM3UdcJSOrEhlxugTSUQr-SdThpOdg5G6bCSmKtdjYt
    and corresponding sketchup model. Comments are welcome at geneball@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice and happy CNCing! Unfortunately, your url does not work so I can't see your design....

      Delete
  2. Sorry-- this seems to work
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QfM3UdcJSOrEhlxugTSUQr-SdThpOdg5G6bCSmKtdjY/edit

    ReplyDelete