header photo

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Backlash Fixed! Conceptual 3D model Started

I fixed the backlash in my v1.0 machine. It turned out to be as simple as adding another bolt to my lead screw nut to keep the nut from turning while applying a force to it. I re-cut the test pattern and my machine seems to have no more backlash, well at least no significant backlash.

So, I started drawing up the 3D model of my next machine. This design will be significantly more rigid by using the 3/8" steel V groove bearings and aluminum or steel extrusions for the rails. Check out the Z and Y axes:


I am having trouble figuring out how to support the ends of the Y axis. Any Ideas?

2 comments:

  1. This equipment is very powerful and its usage are enormous thanks for share the post CNC Machining

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful info specially the last part :) I care for such info much. I was looking for this particular information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.
    Used CNC Router

    ReplyDelete