header photo

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ebay Goodies, Concept

I recently won several goodies off Ebay to construct my DIY CNC machine including:

  • 80 ABEC-5 Skateboard Bearings - $26.00
  • 3 1/4" flexible shaft couplings - $26.50
ABEC-5 Skateboard Bearings
1/4" Flex Shaft Couplings
 Now comes the theory. I want to build a cheap yet accurate machine. I have decided to build the machine out of metal, predominately aluminum, in order to produce a rigid machine. However, I don't want to sink my teeth into a 8020 based machine with Finelineautomation hardware.

So after scouring the internet for the last couple months I have decided to base my machine on this instructable. Except I have some ideas to make it bigger, smoother, and more precise. Now lets just see if I can do it! Maybe I will try to draw up a CAD rendering.

2D Conceptual Design
Concept Mock-up

No comments:

Post a Comment